Monday, December 8, 2008

Hospital Tour

Tonight B flew in and we went and toured the hospital. It is really nice! It's pretty new at just about 1.5 years old. It's looking like the IF's will (hopefully) get their own room - of course it just depends on how busy it is at the time. We brought a few questions to the table. One being how I feel about being induced. I think they are worried that there is the possibility that they would miss the birth. While I wouldn't want that to happen, I feel pretty strongly (at least right now) that I don't want to be induced. I was induced with my son and I don't think it was the most pleasant experience and he had to be suctioned out. I just feel that inductions can carry a higher risk of possible complications than a normal labor. I haven't looked at statistics so I don't know the facts, but I watch A LOT of shows about birthing and that seems to be the case. I said I would prefer to wait and see what happens as the baby progresses.

Second is whether or not I would breastfeed. It looks like it would only be for the time I was in the hospital so I don't even know if it would be worth it. We'll see what happens a little down the line and just go from there.

Afterwards B took us to dinner and it was great! We got to see pics from his "world tour" vacation - pretty spectacular.

10 more weeks and life is going to change - for everyone involved. I am looking forward to it but at the same time, it will be somewhat sad to be done.

No comments: