Wednesday, February 2, 2011

37 Weeks

Tomorrow would have marked 37 weeks gestation...a good time for twins to be born. Well, tomorrow Lily will be released from the hospital to go home! Or at least back to the hotel. Everyone is hopeful that Logan will follow within the next couple of days and by this weekend, it is possible that the new family will be going home for good.

I had my two-week postpartum check at the docs office before that. Did I ever say I LOVE my doc. He is the best! He told me I shouldn't have to have another c-section again. My healing is far beyond what he expected. That's great news.

After my appointment I went over to the hospital and spent the rest of the morning with D and the babies. I got to hold and feed Lily (or Tiger Lily as they call her - she's a fiesty little one). It was a lot of fun. D and I then went to lunch and then back to the hotel. We looked through all the baby gear he had...to make sure he had everything he would need. I think he's all set!

I just want to say that it's been great for me to see how wonderful D & W are as parents. If things hadn't worked out this way in the end, I never would have been able to see just how great they are with the babies. It really makes me happy to have had this little extra time with both parents and babies. It's now time to put this journey to rest and move on to the next phase of my life. I don't know what the future holds - only time will tell!

3 comments:

TXSurromom said...

Aww, I'm glad you got that time with them.

Andrea said...

I think it's wonderful that some surros are fortunate enough to spend a little extra time with her IPs and the baby(ies) after the delivery. What a great way to have closure with your journey--And even better when you remain in contact, too! All the best with what ever life brings you next! OH, and thats great that the doctor said you are healing nicely from the c-section! Very cool. :)

Kelly Enders-Tharp said...

First of all- LOVING your new profile pic!!!

Why did your doc say no more c-sections? I'll have to reread your birth story and see if I forgot some issues or something. . . .

You did a great thing Vanessa- you are awesome!!!