Thursday, November 12, 2009

Confirmation

IF's have "confirmed" the donor. They were somewhat pressured into making the decision, but I think they're happy with that decision. I go back for another beta tomorrow and apparently, if it hasn't dropped to the doctors liking, I may have to take a methotrexate shot. I don't feel that's necessary and I'm hoping that won't be the case, but I'm feeling like the pressure is on me because my cycle needs to hurry up and get back to normal.

The donor needs to be done by January 15 because she is an actress and she can't be bloated for pilot season which is apparently in February. Well, I don't know if my body is going to be ready to sync with hers. There is nothing I can do to make my cycle hurry up. Don't get me wrong, I do want a January transfer, but I can't guarantee anything. Anyway, taking methotrexate just doesn't sound healthy to me and I'd really like to avoid it if I can. Listen to what I found, "In the case of early missed miscarriage (particularly a blighted ovum), in which fetal demise has occurred but the body has not expelled the fetus, methotrexate may be used to help the body begin the miscarriage process." Well, I've already miscarried so how could it help me now????

The guys are really set on a fresh transfer...so I hope I'm not the one to ruin that for them, but you know - it is what it is and whatever happens, happens.

1 comment: