Thursday, July 9, 2009

In the Dreaded 2 Week Wait!!

First off, I have to apologize for my last post. I realized some time later that it was simply hormones. Secondly, I want to say that my transfer trip was wonderful! I was able to get to know my new IF's much better (especially since we have hardly had any time at all) and I really like them. I think I will be much closer to them (well, at least one of them for sure) than I was with my last IF's. After arriving and getting settled into the hotel, we went out to dinner at Mr. Chow's. That was a fun restaurant. We watched many movies, talked quite a bit, and I started reading Twilight. The transfer went off without a hitch. We transferred two nearly perfect embryos - one from each father. W left the afternoon of the transfer. After 36 hours of bedrest D and I went out to eat at the Ivy. That was awesome and it was a perk to see Nicolette Sheriden a few tables away from us. We went out to breakfast the next morning and left for the airport shortly after that.

The trip was made a bit more interesting with all of the Michael Jackson hoopla going on very near us. Overall, it was a great trip and I'm dying here now because it's so hard waiting. I told them I was going to test at home, but whatever the results, I won't tell them - they'd rather wait to find out officially. Unfortunately, I can't wait that long. My first beta will be on Thursday 7/16 so I hope time will go by relatively fast. Oh, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! I will update, but until then I will leave you with this - a picture of the wonderful gift that my wonderful IF's got for me ......


AnGèLe said...

I am so happy that you had a great transfer experience! I have everything crossed for you! I go for my transfer the second week of August!
Lovely necklace and gesture!

Kelly's Uterus said...

I'm glad you posted this- it was so much better than the last. I was feeling really bad for you . . . but I hear you on the hormones front- man oh man!

Can't wait to hear Thursdays news!